Corporate Social Responsibility
Doing our part
for a cleaner planet.
At Li-Cycle, we are committed to doing our part to create a safer, cleaner, and healthier world.
Corporate Social Responsibility is core to who Li-Cycle is across all teams and disciplines. We strive to create a truly closed-loop lithium-ion battery supply chain to address global challenges. Our unparalleled resource recovery rates uphold the highest standards in safety and environmental sustainability, providing a cleaner, more ethical method of producing critical finite battery materials than the mining industry. Li-Cycle’s Integrated Business Policy encompasses all environmental, health & safety, and quality best practices.
- Maintain zero waste diversion to landfill
- No wastewater production from our processes
- No direct emissions and substantial net environmental benefits via indirect greenhouse gas emissions reduction
- Collaboration across the supply chain to implement the highest environmental standards
- Corporate commitment to sustainability
- Diverting lithium-ion batteries from landfill to sustainable resource recovery
- Creating ethical sourcing opportunities through secondary resources
- Electrification of operational processes
- Local community engagement, including Fill it Forward and giving back campaigns
Diversity, Inclusion and Labour Practices
- Maintaining a healthy and safe workplace for all employees and stakeholders
- Encouraging employee engagement in health and wellness initiatives
- Supporting a diverse work environment, as well as the fair treatment of all employees
- Minimal lost time injury (LTI)
How we’re helping
Li-Cycle rallies employees to join in the fight against cancer
May 9, 2021
Every spring, the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) Daffodil Campaign rallies Canadians to support and remember those affected by cancer. Nearly half of all Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer in…
Li-Cycle’s website goes green
April 1, 2021
At Li-Cycle, we take pride in our net environmental benefits by not producing any direct emissions, wastewater, or landfill. Naturally, the next step in our commitment to environmental stewardship was…
Women in Cleantech & Sustainability memberships gifted to Li-Cycle team for International Women’s Day 2021
March 8, 2021
Li-Cycle celebrated International Women’s Day by providing employees with a membership to Women in Cleantech & Sustainability (WCS). A nonprofit, global organization made up of almost 3,000 professionals, WCS fosters…
Li-Cycle’s 2020 Holiday Giving Back Campaign
February 11, 2021
Food banks across Canada and the U.S. saw a rapid surge in demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, even before the negative effects of the pandemic were felt, Li-Cycle…
Li-Cycle’s Strategic Partnership with Fill it Forward
February 11, 2021
Li-Cycle is committed to creating a safer, cleaner and healthier planet. We pride ourselves on our sustainable operations and on our ability to maintain a zero-waste diversion to landfills. To…
Li-Cycle’s core values reflect the principles that guide how we operate.
We believe in empowering high performing employees to take ownership of their positions, build up their fellow team members, and create a workplace culture of excellence. We take pride in everything we do and refuse to compromise quality as we push towards creating long-lasting, meaningful change in accordance with our company’s mission.
The Li-Cycle team believes that success is driven by collaboration with partners across the value chain to implement proprietary technologies with the highest environmental standards.
Li-Cycle is committed to transforming the lithium-ion battery supply chain into a truly circular and sustainable closed-loop system. In turn, we support a sustainable global transition to electrification by reducing greenhouse gas emissions worldwide and ensuring that electric vehicles and green energy have a truly positive environmental impact over their entire lifecycle.