Location: Kingston, ON
The Plant Manager will report to the Executive Chairman and is responsible for the strategic direction,
leadership and overall administration of plant operations, including plant HSE. He or she will oversee
staffing, production and effectively and efficiently oversee the development and direction of the
management team to drive the growth of production, revenue and the quality of goods produced in the
facility. The Plant Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with suppliers,
vendors, department managers and ensuring the integration of strategic plans within the plant facilities.
Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to be a part of a smart and energetic team, as
Li-Cycle commercializes its technology.
- Establish the overall vision and direction for the implementation of plant administration
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and
procedures to improve corporate performance
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and
that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of
issues/problems between business units and/or departments
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the facility
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for
dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the facility
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, material
efficiency, engineering effectiveness, and human resources
- Budget preparation and monitoring of P&L
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the facility is meeting or exceeding budgetary
- Analyze and report on the plant's daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the
- Analyze the customer's concern and present options to solve their issue
- Review and use the monthly profit and loss statements to ensure expense control and
proactively plan production goals
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a business or technical field.
- 10 or more years previous management experience in a manufacturing environment with
proven leadership abilities.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, procedures and other
operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people
- Ability to attend and conduct meetings
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Exposure to high decibel levels, dust, dirt and to other media requiring Personal Protective
- Health and Safety
- Ethics and Integrity
- Result Focus and Quality Orientation
- Leadership and Communication
- Team Work
- Time Management, Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Adaptability / Flexibility
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle is on a mission to leverage its innovative solution to address an emerging and urgent global challenge. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, industrial/utility/residential energy storage, and consumer electronic applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better recycle these batteries, and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade materials.
Li-Cycle Technology™ is a low cost, safe, environmentally friendly process that can recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries. It can do so with an unparalleled recovery rate of up to 100% of all materials. Li-Cycle’s industry-leading innovations make it uniquely positioned to support a key element of the growing international movement towards zero carbon technologies as part of the circular economy.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle’s corporate video here:
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by emailing their interest in the position, along with a copy of their resume, to email@example.com. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted