Integrated Business Policy
This policy reflects our business management processes for Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality.
Li-Cycle is committed to providing end-products stemming from lithium ion batteries for re-use in a manner that ensures the following:
• a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, and
• minimal impact on the environment.
We will operate in compliance with all relevant Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental legislation. We strive to implement pollution preventative measures and environmental best practices in all that we do, while meeting customer specific requirements and expectations.
We focus on continual improvement of our processes, and address risks and opportunities, as applicable. We achieve our goals by consistently measuring, analyzing, and improving them as required.
These objectives are communicated throughout the organization and are periodically reviewed for continued suitability and improvement.
“Integrated Business Management Policy” promoting awareness at all levels to:
- Integrate Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Responsible Recycling (R2) requirements and impacts into our objectives, decision making processes and departmental activities, documenting continual improvement through working safer and more effective.
- Be conscious of energy consumption in all aspects of our company, including but not limited to, within our buildings and end-to-end processes, in order to minimize the consumption of natural resources.
- Train, educate and inform our employees at all levels about Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Responsible Recycling (R2) requirements and issues, so that they are equipped to become leaders in these areas.
- Promote Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental, and Responsible Recycling (R2) awareness among our employees and encourage them to provide feedback and suggestions to foster a culture of continual improvement
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers, and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Where required by legislation or where hazards exist, with regards to Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Responsible Recycling (R2), appropriate procedures and processes will be maintained.
- Strive to be the leaders in all aspects of the lithium-Ion battery resource recovery industry.
Specific to Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental:
- Ensure customer satisfaction and optimize the quality of our products
- Promote awareness, competence and training for staff and sub-contractors where required
- Minimise greenhouse gas emissions in our end-to-end processes and technologies
- Promote our closed loop technology and carry an environmentally conscious mindset throughout the organization
- Implement inherently safe and sustainable processes with minimal solid and liquid waste
- Promote and establish zero-harm to the environment Health & Safety:
- Design our internal processes and programs to supply our employees with all of the knowledge and tools to prioritize, think, and work safely
- Implement safety measures into our engineering and design of technologies and facilities
- Establish and maintain two-way transparency with our employees, to ensure constant learnings and improvements are considered and implemented
- Establish a zero-harm workplace
- Li-Cycle is committed to promoting environmental sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Li-cycle resource recovery activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to continually reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities.
- We are committed to supporting the above through effective leadership, communication, management systems, training and accountability. Our leadership team will ensure that employees and contractors are aware of this policy, its impact on them and on the reputation of our business. We will share best practices and lessons learned with all teams.
President & CEO