Location: Mississauga, ON
The Junior Recruiter and Office Administrator is responsible for the successful delivery of recruitment and general administration initiatives at Li-Cycle Corp. The recruiter plays a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent through a seamless interview and selection process. An essential element of this position is the ability to conduct effective interviews using competency-based models. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the general administration of the Li-Cycle office.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and top performer to be a part of a smart and energetic team, as Li-Cycle commercializes its technology.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by emailing their interest in the position, along with a copy of their resume, to email@example.com. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Works with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Manage high volume, full life cycle recruitment across multiple service lines and disciplines
- Generate a diverse candidate population using various methods including job boards, membership organizations, and personal networking
- Conduct phone interviews with applicants to ensure candidates meet minimum qualifications and are an organizational fit for Li-Cycle.
- Stay up-to-date on new sourcing tools, best practices, and how the team can best utilize these recruiting and networking tools
- Provide complete and accurate information to candidates about the company and position, reinforcing the corporate culture of Li-Cycle
- Proactively build an ongoing pipeline of qualified candidates for critical and repeat positions to ensure future talent needs are met
- Develop candidate talent pipelines through sourcing channels, recruitment campaigns, internet searches, networking groups, social media, database search, referrals, and advertising
- Contact applicants to inform them of the status of their employment possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Collect all required Background Check Authorization Forms, in order to conduct reference and background checks on applicants.
- General administrative tasks
- Manage and maintain the executive team’s calendars, including booking meetings using Microsoft Outlook with internal and external parties
- Support all team members in travel booking
- Update and add customer and vendor information to Li-Cycle’s mailing database
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory as needed
- Provide other general administrative support to the office
- Minimum 2 years of recruitment experience
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or other appropriate field preferred
- Innovative thinker, able to use and develop new sources for recruitment
- Able to work in a result focused environment
- Exceptional conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Excellent training, coaching, and active listening skills are essential
- Outstanding interviewing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet departmental targets.
- Excellent organization skills
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proactive self-starter with an ‘owner’s mindset’
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated exceptional teamwork skills
- Support and practice all Health and Safety practices
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle is on a mission to leverage its innovative solution to address an emerging and urgent global challenge. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, industrial/utility/residential energy storage, and consumer electronic applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better recycle these batteries, and to meet the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade materials.
Li-Cycle Technology™ is a low cost, safe, environmentally friendly process that can recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries. It can do so with an unparalleled recovery rate of up to 100% of all materials. Li-Cycle’s industry-leading innovations make it uniquely positioned to support a key element of the growing international movement towards zero carbon technologies as part of the circular economy.
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle’s corporate video here:
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by emailing their interest in the position, along with a copy of their resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted